Monday, November 16, 2009

Rescued: Two Hummingbirds In A Nest


Two Hummingbirds rescued from the destruction of their nest
5 in. X 7 in. (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm) acrylic on hand primed board unframed with free shipping in US and Canada
To see past work click HERE.
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul


SOLD
This summer while cutting some low hanging branches from the maple tree near my driveway, I noticed something on the end of the branch I was about to trim. On closer inspection two unmoving baby hummingbirds were staring back at me from their nest. Obviously the branch didn’t get trimmed and I spent the next week photographing their progress until one day they left the nest and flew away. The branch is still there and the abandoned nest is slowly falling apart. From time to time I’ve spotted these two from a distance near the back woods. I don’t have a hummingbird feeder, but I’m now tempted to install one in the spring to see if I can entice them to show up more closely to the house.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: