Thursday, November 19, 2009

Carnival In Cologne

kolnthm1
Carnival Celebration In Cologne Germany
24” x 36” (61 cm x 91.4 cm) acrylic on Masonite®
kolndetailsm
Detail of Painting
To see past work click HERE.
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul

This painting was done some years ago while on sabbatical visiting the Cathedral of Cologne (Koln), Germany during Carnival (Karneval). Cologne Carnival is one of the most famous celebrations in Europe and is the period right before Lent. In this case I went into a small restaurant for a sandwich and saw this group celebrating Carnival. Through the window I could see the carnival rides with the Cathedral in the background. The juxtaposition of the people, carnival rides and the Cathedral intrigued me so I decided to make this painting.
Because many of you have ask about larger paintings, I’ve decided to post some of my larger works and am planning some new larger works of the daily painting themes so you can see the difference in size or scale. If anyone is interested in this work or of seeing larger works of specific past small daily posts, you can send an email to my blog above.
© Copyright 2009 by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: