Monday, October 27, 2008

Vintage Wood Plane: Grandfather's Woodworking Tool

Vintage Wood Plane: Grandfather's Tool
6” x 8” (15.24cm x 20.32cm) acrylic painting on canvas panel $175 unframed
Always free shipping within USA and Canada.
SOLD
To see all my past work on this blog click HERE.

I remember as a small child exploring my grandfathers workshop and seeing all the tools of a blacksmith and woodworker he left behind after he passed away. Many of the tools I was too small to understand but the feel of the place and the smell of wood chips and sawdust are still very much a part of my memories. I inherited some of his tools from my mother and this old wood plane is one I still keep in my studio today. The image of the workshop comes from the memories still in my head even though the actual workshop no longer exists. I hope you can sense some of the feeling of that place and time of long ago from this painting.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber Art Studio

No comments: