Friday, October 17, 2008

Door to the Past

Door to the Past
5” x 7” (12.7cm x 17.8cm) acrylic on gessoed board unframed $125 with free shipping in USA and Canada.
SOLD
To see all my past work on this blog click HERE.

I’m always fascinated by the textures in old barns so when I came upon this abandoned barn while traveling around painting fall colors, I couldn’t resist the subtle colors of wood in this old door. Looking into the barn I notices I could see all the way through to the field beyond. There’s something enduring about seeing into and then through these old structures that have been around so long and have so many stories to tell us about our country and our ancestors. I can even imagine my own stories to tell and I'm sure you will have yours.

©Copyright 2008 by Paul Wolber Art Studio

No comments: