Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pheasants in Morning Light

Pheasant Cock and Hen in Morning Light
8" x 10" (20.3 cm x 25.4 cm) original acrylic painting on hand primed board $325 w/free shipping in US and Canada
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul 
To see past work in my daily painters gallery click HERE 
To see only available works click HERE



As a teenager hunting pheasant in Illinois, I didn’t realize this bird was introduced rather than a native species. Because it fit into the environment so well it was much later that I learned it has been introduced into America from Eurasia in the 1800’s. 

Although I don’t see this beautiful bird often here in my area of Michigan, there seems to be a good number of these birds in Southeast Michigan and I’ll sometimes see one wander through my yard. This pair was spotted one early morning in the cornfield near us and I’m now hunting them only with a camera and paintbrush.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.