Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mixed Alphabet and Disney Minnie Mouse Blocks

Mixed group of alphabet blocks and Disney Minnie Mouse
6” x 8” acrylic on gessoed board unframed $175 with free shipping in US and Canada
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul

To see past work click HERE 
SOLD
This still life was set up on my painting taboret that has a glass top for mixing paint, so it shows the reflection of the blocks in the glass.

This painting is a mix of alphabet blocks and a Disney Minnie Mouse block. The alphabet blocks are a set that I’ve had from childhood and I think they were made by Halsam Company of Chicago, Illinois. A larger set of the same blocks were produced earlier by The Embossing Company of Albany, New York which was later purchased by Halsam so I’m not sure which company actually produced this set. I don’t have the box that these blocks were packaged in so it’s not clear who actually made them. If anyone has more information about these it would be interesting to learn more. The Disney blocks I’ve discussed earlier and I have more documentation for them.

©Copyright 2010 by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: