Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Juvenile Cooper's Hawk






Juvenile Cooper's Hawk
7” x 5” (17.8cm x 12.7cm) acrylic on hand primed board unframed $125 with free shipping in USA and Canada.



For more info send email to: wolberinchina@hotmail. com
To purchase this painting or see all my past work on this blog click HERE.

One day this week all the birds stayed away from my bird feeder all morning. Since this was not a usual occurrence I checked out the woods in my backyard and spotted a hawk sitting in the maple tree. At first I thought it was the red tailed hawk who had come before, but after looking through the lens of my telephoto lens, we identified it as a juvenile Cooper’s Hawk. Later in the morning when I got too close while photographing him, he flew away and the rest of the birds slowly returned to the feeder. I spotted him again today sitting on the fence rail at the back of the yard, but he was gone before I could get my camera focused.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: