Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Classical Green Grapes


Classical Green Grapes
5” x 7” (12.7cm x 17.8cm) acrylic on hand primed board unframed $125 with free shipping in USA and Canada.
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul

To purchase this painting or see all my past work on this blog click HERE.
Go to my other blog: http://pwolberart.blog.com

After spending a lot of time preparing an exhibition titled “Roots of Reality: East and West”, I felt the need to get back to exploring a few ideas of purely studying concepts of classical realism with paint. I’ve done a few still life setups with grapes but in this one I’m looking at the push and pull of color. Here the challenge was to set up the green grapes in a warm light so that the reds and warm tones of light contrast with the green tones in the grapes. If you look closely, you will see the warm reds, ochres and ceruleans showing up in the shadows. And the warm red/browns in the table top also complement the cool colors in the grapes, not to mentions the droplets of water that reflect both complements.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: