Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pennsylvania Barn Door

         Pennsylvania Barn Door: Open Half Door  (click photo to see more detail)
 8" x 10" (20.3 cm x 25.4 cm) original acrylic painting on hand primed board $325 w/free shipping in US and Canada
 
To see past work in my daily painters gallery click HERE
SOLD

I photographed this barn many years ago but only recently zoomed in to see this open half door and interesting latch. The barn interior intrigued me and enticed me to create the painting. This barn was once owned by the grandfather of a colleague in my university, so there was some talk of doing a painting of the barn, but that never happened.

Now I am revisiting some of those old images and this painting is one result of that look back into history. I don't know if this barn is still standing since many of these old barns are now being taken down.

© Copyright 2011 by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Delilah said...

Paul, this is really wonderful. I like the feel of texture in the work

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.