Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gondolas in Bacino Orseolo


Gondolas in Bacino Orseolo, Venice, Italy
34” x 44” (86.36cm x 111.76cm) acrylic on hand primed board
SOLD

To see all my past work on this blog click HERE.
To receive email postings of my work click below or send email to Paul

Go to my other blog here: http://pwolberart.blog.com

While I don’t usually post larger paintings on this blog, this painting is part of my one-person exhibition titled “Roots of Reality: East and West”, Sage Center for the Arts, Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Michigan. The exhibition will continue until March 29. On my other blog you can scroll down to the February 16 posting to see the details of the exhibition.

Not far from St. Marks Square in Venice on a lagoon called Bacino Orseolo, gondoliers moor their boats when not in use for a period of time or during the winter. One day in winter, the gondolas were lined up and covered, creating an unusual pattern of shapes, colors, reflections and light. The beauty of these ancient forms added to the composition inspiring me to create this painting.

© Copyright by Paul Wolber
All Rights Reserved

No comments: